The New Orleans Saints (5-5) travel to face off against the Atlanta Falcons (4-6) on Sunday, November 26th. This game will be played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Mercedes-Benz Stadium and televised on FOX. Both the Saints and Falcons will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 ET.
Saints vs Falcons
The Saints Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Taking a look at their last game, the Saints suffered a 27-19 loss to the Vikings. With the 8 point loss to the Vikings, the Saints also took a loss vs. the spread as 3-point favorites.
Against the Vikings, the Saints ran the ball 15 times, with Alvin Kamara leading the team with 42 yards. Jameis Winston threw the ball 25 times for 122 yards and a passer rating of 59.
The Saints’ defense finished their last game with one sack and two interceptions. The team’s secondary conceded 263 passing yards, while their rush defense allowed 125 rushing yards.
This season, the Saints are 1st in the NFC-South on an overall record of 5-5. In non-conference games, their record is 3-2 while going 2-3 in NFC action.
New Orleans’ scoring margin up to this point is currently at +1.6. The team comes in with an ATS mark of 2-7-1. This season, the Saints have an over/under record and have an average margin of +0.2 compared to their over/under lines. Their games have been averaging 41.2 points per game.
Saints Injury Report
- Marshon Lattimore – Ankle (Questionable)
- Michael Thomas – Knee (Questionable)
- Trai Turner – Quadriceps (Out)
- Derek Carr – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Payton Turner – Toe (Out)
- Ryan Connelly – Knee (Out)
- Andrew Dowell – Knee (Out)
- Eno Benjamin – Achilles (Out)
- Shaquan Davis – Undisclosed (Out)
- Isaiah Foskey – Quadriceps (Questionable)
- Kendre Miller – Ankle (Questionable)
The Falcons Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Taking a look at their last game, the Falcons suffered a 25-23 loss to the Cardinals. Along their outright defeat, the Falcons couldn’t cover the spread despite being favored by 2.
Atlanta’s offense finished with 254 yards of total offense vs. the Cardinals. On third down, the Falcons converted at a rate of 50%. Bijan Robinson was the Falcons’ top rusher with 95 yards while Taylor Heinicke threw for 55 yards.
In their most recent matchup against the Cardinals, the Falcons defense gave up 68.86160714285715 first downs on the ground. In total, Arizona managed to gain 122 rushing yards against the Falcons’ defense. Against the pass, they gave up 230 yards.
This season, the Falcons hold the 2nd position in the NFC-South with an overall record of 4-6. In non-conference games, they have a record of 1-2, and in NFC action, they are 3-4.
Looking at the Falcons’ scoring margin so far, it currently stands at -2.8. This has led to an ATS record of 2-8. So far this season, Atlanta games are 21st in total points. They come in with an over/under record of 4-6, with an average over/under line for their games set at 40.8 points.
Falcons Injury Report
- Barry Wesley – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ikenna Enechukwu – Leg (Out)
- Jacob Saylors – Undisclosed (Out)
- Josh Ali – Ankle (Out)
- Troy Andersen – Arm (Out)
- Dee Alford – Ankle (Questionable)
- Feleipe Franks – Foot (Out)
- LaCale London – Knee (Out)
- Adetokunbo Ogundeji – Foot (Out)
- Avery Williams – Knee (Out)
- Ethan Greenidge – Leg (Out)
- Matt Hennessy – Knee (Out)
- Mack Hollins – Ankle (Questionable)
- Grady Jarrett – Knee (Out)
- Taylor Heinicke – Hamstring (Questionable)
- David Onyemata – Ankle (Questionable)
Saints Offense Breakdown
New Orleans has had no problem scoring on the road this season, ranking 9th in the NFL in road scoring. Overall, their average of 21.4 points per contest is 17th in the league.
New Orleans’ passing attack comes in to this week’s game ranked 11th in passing yards. In addition, they are 3rd in attempts, throwing the ball an average of 38.2 times per game.
So far, the Saints have run the ball an average of 27.7 times per game and currently hold the 21st spot in rushing yards. On a per-attempt basis, they average 3.6 yards which is 27th.
Falcons Offense Breakdown
Atlanta’s offense is 22nd in the league, with an average of 18.9 points per contest.
This season, the Atlanta passing offense is 23rd in passing attempts. Their average of 204.9 passing yards per contest is 21st compared to other teams.
The Falcons come into the game handing the ball off 31.1 times per game and are currently 7th in rushing yards. Their average yards per attempt is 4.2.
Saints Team Defense
So far the Saints’ defense has given up an average of 312.7 yards per game and 19.8 points per contest (8th). Coming into the game, they have allowed a completion percentage allowed of 58.8% and have given up 13 passing touchdowns. Against the run, they are 20th in the NFL.
Falcons Team Defense
Going up against the Saints’ offense, the Falcons defense has allowed an average of 21.7 points per game. So far this season, they are 13th in quarterback hits and have yielded an average of 308.8 yards per contest.
Saints vs Falcons Trends
- In their last five games away from home, the Saints have a straight up record of 2-3 while going 2-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 24 points per game in these contests.
- Through their last three home contests, the Falcons offense has averaged 20 points per game while allowing an average of 22. Atlanta posted an overall record of 1-2 while going 1-2 ATS.
- The last five games that Atlanta was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 2-3 while going 1-4 straight up.
- Through their last three matchups as the betting favorite, the Saints have a good straight up record, but their ATS mark is just 1-2.
With the Saints coming in as 1-point road favorites, look for them to take advantage of a Falcons team that is coming off both a straight-up and ATS loss. Our analysis points to taking the Saints against the spread.
The analysis we’ve been running for this game has the Saints and Falcons finishing with a combined 37 points. With the over/under line sitting at 42, I’m getting a bet down on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.