The San Diego State Aztecs (10-2) travel to face off against the Gonzaga Bulldogs (9-3) on Friday, December 29th. This game will be played at McCarthey Athletic Center in Spokane and televised on ESPN2. Both San Diego State and Gonzaga will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 ET.
San Diego State Aztecs vs Gonzaga Bulldogs
The San Diego State Aztecs Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
San Diego State comes into the game against Gonzaga with a season record of 10-2. In their last five road games, including those from last year, San Diego State has gone 2-3. San Diego State has a subpar ATS record thus far at 2-6. When playing away from home, they are 1-3 vs. the spread this season and have gone 3-7 in their last ten road games.
Through 12 games, San Diego State has an over/under record of 6-2-0 with their games averaging a combined 149.1 points per game so far. The Aztecs’ have recorded an over/under record of 0-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 135 points per game.
The Gonzaga Bulldogs Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today, Gonzaga will take on San Diego State in their 13th game of the season. So far this year, they have a record of 9-3. Looking at their previous ten home games, including those from last year, Gonzaga has a record of 7-3. As of today’s game, Gonzaga’s performance against the spread this season stands at 3-4. In their last ten games, Gonzaga has a 1-4 record vs. the spread.
Through 12 games, Gonzaga has an over/under record of 3-4-0 with their games averaging a combined 146 points per game so far. The Bulldogs’ have recorded an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 144 points per game.
San Diego State Offense Breakdown
In their recent game, the Aztecs’ offense concluded with 73 points, consistent with their ongoing season average of 77.2 points per contest. One area that the San Diego State offense has been good this season is getting to the line. Currently, they are 37th in free-throw attempts per contest. Overall, they have a field goal percentage of 43%.
|Jaedon LeDee (F)
|Reese Waters (G)
|Micah Parrish (G)
Gonzaga Offense Breakdown
The Gonzaga offense is coming off a game in which they scored 73 points vs. Washington. Overall their field goal percentage was 42.6% while connecting on 5 threes. Currently leading the team in scoring is Anton Watson who comes into today’s matchup averaging 14.1. Graham Ike also heads into the game with a PPG average of 14.1.
|Anton Watson (F)
|Graham Ike (F)
|Nolan Hickman (G)
San Diego State Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the San Diego State defense is giving up an average of 65.2 points per contest. In today’s game vs. Gonzaga, the San Diego State defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, San Diego State made 23 free-throws vs. the Aztecs.
Gonzaga Team Defense
So far this season, the Gonzaga defense has been performing well, ranking 73rd in the country at 66.1 points allowed per contest. On average, opposing teams are hitting 6.5 threes per game vs. San Diego State. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 27.5%.
Aztecs vs Bulldogs Trends
- When looking at their past ten road matchups, San Diego State has an ATS record of 3-7 while averaging 65 per game. The team went 6-4 overall in these games.
- Across their ten previous home games, Gonzaga has an ATS mark of 5-5. Their straight up record in these matchups was 8-2 while averaging 84 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Aztecs have a straight up record of 4-6. Their record vs the spread in these games was 6-4.
- Through their last five matchups as the betting favorite, the Bulldogs have a good straight up record, but their ATS mark is just 2-3.
In this Bulldogs vs. Bulldogs matchup, our point-spread bet is on the Bulldogs at -6.5. While we project the Bulldogs to win 74-71, our recommendation is to bet on the Aztecs for the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 146.5 and our model has the Aztecs and Bulldogs finishing with a combined 145 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.