Date: October 1st, 2023
Time: 1:00 ET
Location: Soldier Field
The Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears will face off in a Week 4 matchup on Sunday, October 1st at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. In the end, both teams are currently 0-3, and this game could be a must-win for both teams if they want to stay in the playoff race.
The Broncos are coming off a humiliating 70-20 loss to the Miami Dolphins in Week 3. In addition, the Broncos’ defense was completely overwhelmed by the Dolphins. All in all, their offense was unable to generate any sustained momentum.
The Bears are also coming off a disappointing loss in Week 3, falling to the Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 41-10. The Bears’ offense was unable to get anything going against the Chiefs’ defense. Overall, their defense struggled to contain Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs’ high-powered offense.
Broncos vs. Bears Key Matchups
- Russell Wilson vs. Justin Fields: Wilson and Fields are two of the most talented young quarterbacks in the NFL. However, both players have struggled this season. Wilson has thrown eight interceptions in three games, and Fields has failed to complete more than 60% of his passes in any of his three games. This matchup could be a turning point for both players.
- Javonte Williams vs. Roquan Smith: Williams is one of the most promising young running backs in the NFL, and Smith is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. This matchup could be a key factor in the outcome of the game. If Williams can have a big day on the ground, it could open up the passing game for Wilson. However, if Smith can limit Williams’ production, it could put even more pressure on Wilson to make plays.
- Broncos Offensive Line vs. Bears Pass Rush: The Bronco’s offensive line has been struggling this season, and the Bears pass rush has been one of the best in the NFL. Meanwhile, if the Bears can get pressure on Wilson, it could force him into mistakes. However, if the Bronco’s offensive line can give Wilson time to throw, he could have a big day against the Bear’s secondary.
The Broncos offense has been struggling this season, but they still have a number of weapons at their disposal. Russell Wilson is overall one of the most talented quarterbacks in the NFL. Additionally, he has a number of talented playmakers at his disposal, including Javonte Williams, Courtland Sutton, and Jerry Jeudy.
The Bear’s defense has been one of the best defenses in the NFL so far this season. They are led by Roquan Smith, who is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. The Bears also have a number of other talented players on defense, including Khalil Mack, Eddie Jackson, and Jaylon Johnson.
In the end, if the Broncos can give Wilson time to throw and protect the ball, they could have a big day against the Bear’s defense. However, if the Bears can get pressure on Wilson and force him into mistakes, they could keep the Bronco’s offense in check.
Who are the Key Players?
- Russell Wilson: Wilson is the key to the Broncos offense. Therefore, if he can play well, the Broncos will have a good chance to win.
- Justin Fields: Fields is the key to the Bears offense. If he can play well, the Bears will have a good chance to win.
- Javonte Williams: Williams is one of the best young running backs in the NFL. He will be tasked with carrying the load for the Broncos offense.
- Roquan Smith: Smith is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. He will be tasked with leading the Bears defense and stopping the Broncos’ running game.
- Khalil Mack: Mack is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. He will be tasked with getting pressure on Wilson and forcing him into mistakes.
Broncos vs. Bears Betting Outlook
This is a tough game to pick, as both teams are evenly matched. However, I think the Broncos have a slight edge because of their offense. I predict the Broncos will win a close game, 24-21.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.